Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Down To The Wire

Well, we only have three weeks to go until Nick and I take on a whole new life. No longer will we be able to go out on a whim to catch dinner or a flick, get up and go because we need to get out of the house, or enjoy a night out...unless we prearrange a baby sitter and take hours to prepare for one hour out.

It will all be worth it though once Emerson is born. We simply cannot wait to meet our precious baby girl and as fast as this pregnancy has gone, these last few weeks are dragging. I have so much anticipation, anxitety, excitement, fear and it is all consuming me. I have definitely begun nesting...I can't stay out of her room. I am constantly organizing, moving things around, cleaning, etc. Overall my pregnancy has gone great and only now am I beginning to feel the pangs of it all. My feet have been really swollen all summer and now they are pretty painful. And I have been super tired and moody lately (sorry honey!)

I have had three amazing showers put on by friends and family. I have one more coming up next week which will be given by Nick's co-worker. We have received so many wonderful gifts and have truly appreciated every single one of them. I can tell you one thing...Emerson will be the best dressed little girl on the block! She has received so many clothes already!

So, as we look forward to our new lives as parents, we want to take the time to thank every one for all of their love and support. Babies have not been present in either of our families for quite some time so I know that everyone is excited to experience this adventure with us. Our lives will be consumed for awhile, adjusting to our new roles, but please bear with us and always feel free to stop by for a visit! We would love to see you and will appreciate the company. We may be tired but will always welcome visitors. I may just put you to work sorting laundry ;)